Wednesday, May 8, 2013


Casablanca



1) Relate what was discussed in class or the text to the screening.
In class we discussed how this movie is a great love story and we would recognize many quotes from this movie. This movie had some great quotes that I did recognize. We discussed how in this film the characters is what made this film. Humphrey Bogart did a great job playing Ricks character. He was the tough bar owner who had a broken heart. In the end he winds up doing the right thing by letting both of them on the plane and staying back.

2) Find a related article and summarize the content.
The movie was not the only thing that is a classic here. The props from the movie are also very much valued and cherished by fans. The article below stated how the piano from the movie went up for auction in 2012. The piano is the same piano that Sam played throughout the movie and Rick also played. The piano was supposed to bring in anywhere from $800,000 to &1.2million. Another article said that the piano was indeed sold for a price of $602,500. Not as much as they were expecting but still a lot of money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239371/Casablanca-piano-heads-auction-block-1-2m-70th-anniversary-Hollywood-classic.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/16/showbiz/casablanca-piano-auction

3)
Apply the article to the film screened in class.
In class we talked about how this film was a classic. This is a film that has been referenced by many other shows and movies in the past. This is a film that made history and I can see why its one of the best films out there. The article not only confirmed that this film was a hit but it is still making history. It has such great fan fare that people are willing to spend $600,000 on a piano from this movie. This movie is making history to this day.

4) Write a critical analysis of the film, including your personal opinion, formed as a result of the screening, class discussions, text material and the article.
I loved this movie, I have never seen this movie before and I am glad this class introduced it to me. When the movie first started you see Rick as the business owner, is is involved in corruption,
gambling, and the bar business. He is a tough guy, then you later find out that is is a heartbroken man. He was hurt in the past and it has stuck with him to this day. All in all this was a great movie, the acting was one of the best parts of this film. They pulled it off perfectly.


1) (x) I have not handed in this assignment for any other class.



2) (x) If I reused any information from other papers I have written for other classes, I clearly explain that in the paper.



3) (x) If I used any passages word for word, I put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text.



4) (x) I have not padded the bibliography. I have used all sources cited in the



bibliography in the text of the paper.



5) (x) I have cited in the bibliography only the pages I personally read.



6) (x) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in another way. I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography.



7) (x) I did not so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality.



8) (x) I checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and ideas used in my paper.



Name: __________matt freda________________ Date:






No comments:

Post a Comment